Welcome to Portsmouth Paddle Co.
Portsmouth Paddle Co. is a framily (noun ˈf-Ram-lē a group of people—and the occasional dog—not connected through blood relation, but through similar passions and common interest) operation, dedicated to delivering an excellent outdoor water experience and superior customer service, as well as sharing the active New Hampshire Seacoast lifestyle we have come to cherish.
Our paddle board Show Room is located at 70 Heritage Ave. Unit 10 in Portsmouth, NH. When it comes to SUP services, we are a mobile operation, launching out of Portsmouth, New Castle, and Rye, New Hampshire, that rolls with the tide schedule and we hope to hear from you soon. Please read below for COVID-19 Information and our policies.
At Portsmouth Paddle Co. your safety has always been our number one priority. Of course, we want to show you a good time, but now more than ever we are committed to putting your health and safety first. We believe that paddle boarding is a great way to reconnect with family, friends, colleagues and community while outdoors, and have developed protocols and procedures to do so safely. We welcome you to stay active and socially distant with us!
Here’s what we’re doing to ensure the safety of all guests and staff while reducing the spread of COVID-19 ::
- We have developed policies and operating procedures that comply with State of NH, CDC and ACA Guidelines.
- We have reduced capacity by 50% to promote social distancing. Therefore, we encourage you to book your activities in advance as availability is limited!
- Group sizes will be limited to fewer than 10 participants.
- We will be disinfecting boards, paddles and leashes between guests, and cleaning PFDs/life vests in a soap solution.
- Our staff will be practicing social distancing of 6′ and wearing masks and gloves when handling equipment and interacting with guests on shore.
- We will provide hand sanitizer for guests to use before and after using our equipment.
- Guests will be required to wear a face mask that covers both nose and mouth while collecting equipment, interacting with staff, and participating in on-shore instruction. Masks must be removed while on the water for your safety. We encourage you to plan ahead with a dry bag, fanny pack, backpack, pocket or other means to store your mask, as it will be required upon your return to shore.
- Guests are asked to maintain a safe social distance of 6′ from staff and other customers while on-shore.
- We require that guests who have experience COVID-19 symptoms, been exposed to someone with symptoms or who has been confirmed positive, or been traveling domestically (outside of NH, VT or ME) or internationally within the last 14 days to stay home.
Thank you for your support in helping us to comply with COVID-19 NH State Re-Opening Guidance and to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Now let’s get out there and enjoy this beautiful NH Seacoast summer!
- Car-pool with friends as parking is extremely limited
- Lock your valuables in your vehicle, including: sunglasses, keys, wallets & phones
- Protect your eyes with a hat or visor
- Drink lots of water prior to your scheduled activity
- Apply sunscreen!
- Wear athletic clothes (yoga wear, bathing suit, board shorts) and avoid cotton
- Don’t sweat about falling in! If you do, we promise it will only feel refreshing!
- Feel free to reward your hard-working PPC Guide or Instructor with a cash tip!
Portsmouth Paddle Co. Rules
Portsmouth Paddle Co. wants to ensure your safety and enjoyment on the water!
We strive to provide a safe environment for participants of all levels.
To make this possible:
- Paddlers must be 18+ to rent PPC equipment. Minors weighing at least 80 lbs may use PPC equipment with adult supervision and signed parent/guardian waivers.
- Life vests / inflatable PFD systems are required on board at all times.
- Leashes / leg ropes are required to be attached at all times.
- Do not consume alcoholic beverages before or while using PPC equipment.
- All participants MUST be comfortable in the water and know how to swim.
- When paddling in strong winds, do not paddle directly into the wind, drop to your knees or sit on the board to reduce your profile to the wind and paddle at an angle toward the closest shore area.
- Always listen to your PPC Guide – in addition to showing you a good time, their job is to ensure your safety!
- In the event that any damage to equipment or facilities occurs as a result of willful actions, neglect or recklessness, the participant will be held liable for any and all costs associated with any such actions.
- Have a blast on the water and SPREAD THE STOKE!
Waiver and Release of Liability
To participate in Portsmouth Paddle Co. activities, each participant is required to accept our waiver and release of liability. You will receive a link to our online waiver in your confirmation email – please ensure everyone in your party has completed one. Anyone who has not completed the waiver online, will be required to do so on-site prior to the start of the activity. All minors under the age of 18 must have a parent guardian waiver signed to participate. Minors must weigh at least 80 lbs and be accompanied by an adult.